July 16, 2008

And the Peabody Goes to...

I was watching the BBC lunchtime news yesterday, and in particular the segment about this local council dispute over speed camera funding. The Conservatives want to take speed cameras out; Labour wants to keep them in. The reporter concluded his coverage with this hard-hitting, in-depth analysis:
"I suspect what might happen is that they'll reach some sort of compromise."
POW! WHAM! INCISIVE!

Speaking of excellent use of our license fees, this story needs another pass by a copyeditor with brains:
He even had a fertility test, but he felt confident about the outcome.

"I know I've got no problems," he said.

"I've got a daughter all ready. I know everything is working properly."
I'm sorry, she's all ready for what, exactly? To help him pass his fertility test? To go skydiving?

Oh, what the hell, here's one more:
The man was white, 5ft 7in (1.70m), of stocky build and with spiky hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, the police spokesman added.
Ahem. Unless you put a comma after t-shirt, I believe you are describing Don Johnson.

So tell me: is the Beeb getting worse, or am I just noticing it more?

1 comment:

Patrick said...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_sxpe8-Tjzr0/SHZLDO6LyZI/AAAAAAAAAIo/Svq4vvyiPPw/s1600/Don%2BJohnson.jpg

Post a Comment