November 18, 2006

Did She Snowboard Past a Stoned Asian, Too?

I'm at home for the weekend, and then working Monday and Tuesday in my firm's Edinburgh office, which I guess makes this my first official business trip. I am such a grown-up. It's sickening.

But it is really nice to be home. I haven't been able to stop smiling all day.

I was down at my dad's place for my brother's birthday party this evening, and picked up the latest issue of my high school's "Here's What Been Going On At Your Child's School This Year And Oh By The Way Would You Like To Donate Some Money?" magazine. There was a little essay in it by a fifteen-year-old girl who had been on a school exchange to Vancouver this year, and she had this to say about it:
I took part in the Canadian exchange 2006. I went with another girl in my year to live with a family in Vancouver for a month in the Easter holidays . . . I did so much there, ranging from ice hockey to tree hugging.
Yeah, that just about sums up Vancouver, alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment