November 08, 2006

Bannedwidth

Thanks to the new IT policy at work, I no longer have access to webmail. Blogger still works, though, so I thought I’d take a closer look at the acceptable use regulations and see if there was anything that might get me in trouble.

Well, blogs aren’t specifically mentioned, but I think this probably covers mine:
The following is not permitted: . . .

Derogatory comments, statements, jokes, pictures or messages relating to gender, religion, race, colour, ethnic background, national origin, age, sexual preference, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy and disability.
Too bad for them they don’t mention occupation, because boy do I have some choice words about bankers now that I can’t check my email during my lunch break.

Also, doesn’t that “and” at the end of the list mean that I just can’t make jokes about all of those things at the same time?

Also, pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment